From around 1874, the parish of Clackmannan operated a small poorhouse or almshouse which administered by the Parochial Board rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
In 1904, the property, location unknown, could house 2 men and 2 women.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Clackmannanshire Archives, 26-28 Drysdale Street, Alloa, FK10 1JL.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.