Clatt established a parochial poorhouse or lodging house in about 1856, with funds provided by the parish council. It was locally administered rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
The premises, which in 1904 comprised two rooms plus a sick room, are believed to have been located at the south-east of the Kirktown of Clatt, perhaps at Ford, although no indication is given on the first edition (1869) or second edition (1900) Ordnance Survey maps.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Aberdeen City Archives, Town House, Broad Street, Aberdeen AB10 1AQ, and Old Aberdeen House, Dunbar Street, Aberdeen AB24 3UJ.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.