Coupar Angus, Perthshire
In about 1864, the Coupar Angus Parish Council was given a property which it used as a "parochial lodging house" or almshouse. It was administered by the Parochial Board rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
In 1904, the building, siutated somewhere on Campbell Street in Coupar Angus, could accommodate up to 7 men and 9 women under the supervision of a resident matron.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.