The parish of Urquhart and Glenmoriston area had a small poorhouse or almshouse at Dalchreichart. Its location is shown on the 1903 map below.
The building is now a private house known as Lizart Cottage.
According to the 1881 census, the parish also had a poorhouse at that time at Mill of Tore.
RecordsHighland Archive Service, Bught Road, Inverness IV3 5SS, Scotland.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.