According to the 1881 census, the parish of Grange had a "Poors Lodging House" at Hillhead, about a mile to the north-west of Grange Crossroads. This was presumably what the Ordnance Survey maps of 1868 and 1904 identify as a "Paupers Cottage" — it appears to have comprised two dwellings, one larger than the other.
The building no longer survives.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Aberdeen City Archives, Town House, Broad Street, Aberdeen AB10 1AQ, and Old Aberdeen House, Dunbar Street, Aberdeen AB24 3UJ.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.