Arbroath Combination, Angus (Forfarshire)
In around 1864, the parishes of Arbroath and St Vigeans erected a Combination Poorhouse at the west side of Brechin Road in Arbroath. The architect was William Aitkenhead.
The building is believed to have been demolished in the 1930s and housing now stands on the site.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- According to Angus Archives, no records relating to the Arbroath poorhouse survive.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.