The parish of Rothesay on the Isle of Bute appears to have operated a poorhouse from at least 1926. Situated at the south of Rothesay, it was known as Thomson House, later becoming the Thomson Home for the elderly.
- Glasgow City Archives, The Mitchell Library, 210 North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN, Scotland. Parochial Boardf minutes (1845-1930); General registers of poor (1865-1930); Register of poor chargeable in Thomson House (1926-1952); Applications for relief (1924-1930); Account book of goods and provisions supplied (1847-56); Title relating to the site of the poorhouse (1938).
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.