Arthur and Christopher Harston
The architectural partnership of Arthur and Christopher Harston was based in East India Dock Road, London. They undertook work for a number of the capital's poor law authorities, especially the Metropolitan Asylums Board for whom they effectively became "house architects". Their designs included:
- Bethnal Green Poor Law Schools
- Chelsea Union Casual Wards
- Darenth Schools
- Joyce Green Hospital
- Kensington & Chelsea District School
- Long Reach Hospital
- North-Eastern Fever Hospital
- Orchard Hospital
- Poplar & Stepney Sick Asylum
- Southern Hospital
- St Pancras Workhouse
- Tooting Bec Asylum
- Western Fever Hospital
- Ayers, Gwendoline, M. (1971) England's First State Hospitals and the Metropolitan Asylums Board (Wellcome Institute of the History of Medicine, London).
- Dickens, AM (1976) The Architect and the Workhouse, Architectural review, CLX, No. 958, 345-52.
- Morrison, Kathryn The Workhouse, English Heritage, 1999.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.