From around 1854, the parish of Ceres operated a small poorhouse or almshouse which administered by the Parochial Board rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision. The establishment had previously been run by the Kirk Session.
In 1904, the property, believed to be located to the west of the parish church in Ceres village, could house 3 women.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Fife Council Archive Centre, Carleton House The Haig Business Park, Balgonie Road, Markinch, Glenrothes KY7 6AQ.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.