From around 1886, the parish of Kilmonivaig operated a small poorhouse or almshouse which was administered by the Parochial Board rather than operating as a statutory poorhouse under the central Board of Supervision.
In 1904, the property, location unknown, was recorded as having been "built by landed proprietors" and could accommodate 6 men and 6 women, plus a resident nurse.
Note: many repositories impose a closure period of up to 100 years for records identifying individuals.
- Highland Archive Service, Bught Road, Inverness IV3 5SS, Scotland.
Unless otherwise indicated, this page () is copyright Peter Higginbotham. Contents may not be reproduced without permission.